Inexpensive chicken pot pie
This is a delicious recipe that the whole family will enjoy. The microwave may be used for reheating the pie. This is a wholesome and hearty meal that contains poultry and vegetables. It is very simple and easy to prepare. It fits the budget well because it is very inexpensive to make. Best of all kids love it.
This is an excellent meal that may be served for lunch or dinner. This recipe will serve 5 people. It is high in nutritional value as it contains protein, calcium, iron, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
2 cups of chicken, cut into small pieces
1. Bake one pie crust 1/2 way until light brown.
2. In a medium sauce pan, saute’ onion and pepper over medium heat.
3. Stir in the flour, milk, broth, and vegetables. Cook on high for three minutes until well heated and mixed.
4. Mix in the cooked chicken, mix well.
5. Pour mixture into baked pie shell.
6. Place the raw pie shell over the pie and mash edges down with a fork.
7.Cut 4 small slits in the top of the raw crust.
8. Bake at 400 degrees F until golden bropwn for 25 minutes.
How to Reheat in the Microwave
1. The pie must be removed from the aluminum pie plate before reheating.
2. You may transfer the pie to a microwave safe baking dish.
3. Microwave on high for 7 minutes uncovered and let cool for 2 minutes before serving.